How to Pack Efficiently
Packing up before a trip is an important step. We try to pack lightly, but we don’t want to forget anything and still want to optimize space. Great packing is an art form, so here are some tips and tricks to master the art of smart packing:
- Make a list of the activities you might do during your trip, it will help you evaluate your needs so you don’t overpack.
- Pack up a few days in advance.
- Choose clothes you can mix and match to change your look.
- Bring plastic bags to put away your dirty clothes.
- Start packing by putting the heavier pieces of clothing (shoes, pants, coats, etc.) at the bottom of your suitcase, closer to the wheels.
- Roll your clothes, don’t fold them. You will save space and your clothes won’t get wrinkled. It is also easier to roll a piece of clothing than to fold it.
- Use all the space you have, put your socks, jewelry and other personal objects in your shoes.
- Don’t bring a hairdryer, shampoo, after-shampoo or soap, JARO Hotels will provide you with what you need directly in your room.
- To travel light, use the 5-4-3-2-1 rule:
- 5 tops
- 4 bottoms
- 3 accessories
- 2 pairs of shoes
- 1 swimsuit.
You can adapt this list to your needs and the length of your stay.
You now have everything you need to pack efficiently!