In order to fulfill our social responsibility, we’re now placing environmental concerns at the forefront of our business activities. Therefore, we’re constantly taking actions that contribute to reducing the ecological footprint of our seven hotels for the benefit of present and future generations.
Our Environmental Efforts
Over the course of the last few years, many environmental actions have been taken in our seven establishments to initiate JARO Hotels & Services’ green shift.
SPECIFICALLY WE HAVE:
- Included a “green component” to the executive board’s agenda;
- Implemented recycling bins in most of our hotel rooms and function rooms;
- Reduced our daily paper consumption by encouraging electronic documents and by recycling scrap paper into notepads;
- Set the printers in the duplex printing;
- Replaced most of incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient bulbs;
- Installed water-efficient toilets in most of our hotel rooms;
- Installed soap and shampoo dispensers in every hotel room in order to reduce the use of plastic containers;
- Replaced paper coffee cups by ECOPRODUCTS biodegradable coffee cups certified COMPOST by BPI;
- Prioritized reusable dishes.
Green Key Global
JARO Hotels & Services subscribes to the Green Key Eco-Rating Program of the Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) for which it has obtained 4 Green Keys – Hotel Palace Royal, Hotel Plaza Québec – and 3 Green Keys – Hotel Must, Hotel Lindbergh, L’Hôtel Québec and Hotel Québec Inn.
Green Key Global is a leading environmental certification body whose suite of industry standard programs and resources has been designed specifically for the lodging and meeting industries;
Learn more: Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
A charging station for Tesla electric vehicles is available at Hotel Must.
Check out the ecological commitment of each establishment that is part of Les Hôtels JARO: