Permanent Partial Time
Day, Evening, Weekend
As soon as possible
- Provide assistance to the Executive Chef in all duties;
- Oversee kitchen operations in accordance with the organization’s standards;
- Assist the Executive Chef in scheduling;
- Ensure the application of the Executive Chef’s quality and standards;
- Ensure proper storage of fresh produce and other perishable items;
- Provide essential training to newly recruited cooks and ensure their progression;
- Ensure the quality of the taste of the food as well as the mise-en-place;
- Participate in the development of menus in collaboration with the Executive Chef;
- Assist the Executive Chef in taking monthly inventory and orders;
- Assist the Executive Chef in the performance management, support and supervision of the brigade’s resources;
- Any other related duties as requested by the Chief.
- Assiduity and consistency;
- Stress management;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Autonomy and involvement;
- Positive leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
- A permanent position with job security;
- Free parking (except at Palace Royal);
- Uniform provided at no cost;
- Referral bonuses;
- Opportunity for career advancement;
- Meal benefits;
- Employee discount;
- A dynamic work team;
- RTC Abonne-Bus advantage (35% discount).
Description of the organization
A 100% Quebec company offering more than 1,200 rooms and suites in 7 hotel establishments, Les Hôtels JARO is the largest hotel force in Quebec City. With nearly 500 people employed in our hotels, restaurants, bars and entertainment center, we occupy an important place in the labor market of the Capitale-Nationale region.
Working for JARO Hotels allows you to grow within a dynamic team in a professional and warm work environment.
We pride ourselves on making career and advancement opportunities available to everyone.
* Only candidates authorized to work in Canada will be considered. JARO Hotels subscribes to the principles of equality and employment equity.
* In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.