Permanent Full Time
Day, evening, weekend
As soon as possible
To be discussed
- Satisfy clients’ needs and anticipate their expectations;
- Insure efficiency and profitability of the service;
- Manage human resources (plan staff needs, hiring, training, job distribution);
- Supervise meal and beverage services;
- Order beverages, wines and beers;
- Take monthly inventory of alcoholic beverages;
- Insure client satisfaction and handle complaints if applicable;
- Ensure that JARO standards of quality and excellence are met;
- Ensure the cleanliness of the premises at all times;
- Control payroll costs;
- Help staff members if needed;
- Distribute tasks to employees;
- Work in collaboration with the different department managers when holding banquet events in order to meet the clients’ needs and expectations (floor plan, etc.).
- DCS in hotel or administrative management or prior relevant restaurant experience.
- Fluency in French;
- Intermediate English preferred;
- Excellent human resource management;
- Exceptional customer service;
- Professional attitude and behaviour;
- Dynamism, social skills, versatility and organization skills;
- Leadership and decision-making skills;
- Stress tolerance;
- Computer knowledge (MaîtreD, Excel, etc.).
- Full group insurance;
- Discounted or free food;
- Flexible schedule;
- Hourly pay;
- Group RRSP;
- Employee discounts;
- RTC Abonne-Bus advantage (35% discount).
Description of the organization
A 100% Quebec company offering more than 1,200 rooms and suites in 7 hotel establishments, Les Hôtels JARO is the largest hotel force in Quebec City. With nearly 500 people employed in our hotels, restaurants, bars and entertainment center, we occupy an important place in the labor market of the Capitale-Nationale region.
Working for JARO Hotels allows you to grow within a dynamic team in a professional and warm work environment.
We pride ourselves on making career and advancement opportunities available to everyone.
* Only candidates authorized to work in Canada will be considered. JARO Hotels subscribes to the principles of equality and employment equity.
* In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.