Les Immeubles Jacques Robitaille inc. and its establishments – Palace Royal, Plaza Québec, L’Hôtel Québec, Lindbergh, Auberge Québec, Must, Québec Inn, Ginger, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House, 10 Vagues, Les Palmes and Centre d’amusement Carie Factory – is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and have taken relevant steps in that direction.
We are implementing technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss or alteration and unauthorized or unlawful storage, processing, access or disclosure. We take these necessary measures to protect the data we collect through our newsletters, reservations, purchasing, call for offers, requests for information, contests, offers and promotions.
We only collect personal information that is needed to offer individuals our services, benefits, products and goods.
Use of Collected Data
www.hotelsjaro.com is a website allowing the sales of products and services. Transactions are performed through a secured third party (the transactions are processed through a secure server – https://-). Therefore, banking information is not disclosed to Les Immeubles Jacques Robitaille inc. Only the personal data related to the reservation (first name, last name, mailing address, phone number, purchase products, date of stay and purchasing, status of payment, and sums levied) are registered in the system.
www.hotelsjaro.com is linked to behaviour measurement tools; these tools cumulate (without disclosing individual identity) the data related to user navigation on the website: the visited pages, the time they were visited, the items added to the shopping cart, etc. The behaviour measurement tools also collect data related to the device and browser used to navigate on www.hotelsjaro.com including the device’s IP address, the cookies’ data strings, the type of mobile device and unique identifier (i.e. Apple ID, Android identifier, etc.).
The collected data are used to identify and disseminate the most relevant information to our website users. These data have an impact on the website’s layout, information, and purchasing process; they help us improve our products, services, and online interface.
As you navigate on www.hotelsjaro.com cookies will pop up to help us better understand your interests. Cookies are small files from our web platform that are stocked on your device. They allow us to identify your device and suggest ultra-targeted ads depending on your navigation patterns, via AdRoll and Google Adwords. The techniques used by our advertising partners do not collect personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, or phone number. To unsubscribe from AdRoll and its partners, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choice/.
In short, we use this information for the following purposes:
- Process sales and reservations of goods and services;
- Confirm the identity of customers, subscribers and contest participants, contact them and communicate with them;
- Better understand our customers’ preferences, needs and interest;
- Enable us to offer our subscribers information, services, benefits, offers and products.
Data Access and Disclosure
We will not collect, use or disclose personal information about an individual without their prior express consent, where applicable, or unless bound by law or a regulation.
Occasionally, we may disclose your personal data in the following cases:
- With our service providers : some of our partners are actively involved in our business activities; therefore, we allow them to access your personal data when the nature of the task performed on our behalf requests it;
- Within the framework of legal procedures : when we are legally required to disclose the personal data in order to comply with a court order or when the disclosure is necessary to the exercise, establishment and defence of Les Immeubles Jacques Robitaille inc. rights or the ones of a third party;
- In the framework of the sale of the company: if a third party acquires part or all of the company’s assets;
We also share the technical data collected on your browsing patterns and devices with other digital advertising companies in order to allow them to better target the ads intended for you.
At last, we may disclose anonymized data to third parties.
Unsubscribe and Be Removed from Our Lists
Individuals who want to unsubscribe from our promotional emails have three options:
- Click on the unsubscribe link created for this purpose at the bottom of our promotional emails;
- Send an unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send a written request to the following address: Les Hôtels JARO, Marketing Department, 1343, route de l’Aéroport, L’Ancienne-Lorette (Qc), G2G 1G5.
To unsubscribe from the ads of AdRoll and its partners go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note, however, that if you delete your cookies or update your browser after unsubscribing, you will have to renew your opt out. If you’re using various browsers and devices, you have to opt out on each and every one of them. If you unsubscribe, we will still collect data on your browsing patterns for operational purpose such as fraud prevention, but we will no longer use it for advertising purpose.
Request for Access to Personal Information
Individuals have the right to know about the information we retain about them, subject to restrictions provided for by law, and may request a correction of inaccurate or incomplete information, if necessary, we will transmit this information to the person concerned and make the necessary correction within a reasonable time.
Anyone who makes a written request is entitled to be informed of the existence of personal information we retain about them and how we use it. They may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of the information and request that corrections be made. To exercise the right of access or correction, the individual concerned can send a written request to: Les Hôtel JARO, Marketing Department, 1343, route de l’Aéroport, L’Ancienne-Lorette (Qc), G2G 1G5.
The request procedure is as follows:
The applicants must identify themselves with a mailing and email address and sign the request so as to avoid fraud or the unjustified transmission of personal information to third parties.
- The individual concerned must also provide sufficient information to make it possible to be informed about the existence and use of personal information;
- We will process the request for access or correction of personal information within thirty (30) days of receipt of the request;
- For the correction of personal information, we will proceed to the extent that the individual is able to establish the incomplete or inaccurate information.
If you prefer, you may choose your navigation patterns not to be monitored for advertisement purpose (“Do not track “(DNT) option). If our website receives a DNT signal during your visit to our site, we won’t be collecting your data. However, the data collected before you opted out might still be used.
Changes in Private Policy
The amendments made to the Private Policy will be featured on this page. Major changes shall be notified on our website or by other means.